KSEF College of Education, Tumkur follows Two years CBCS semester scheme syllabus prescribed by the Tumkur University. Bachelor of Education course extends over a period of two academic years and consists of four semesters.
The course includes hard core course and soft core as theory papers. The teaching programme consists of pre-internship activities, school internship activities and post internship activities .
Workshops on teaching skills, seminar presentations, simulated teaching, preparation of Instructional Kit and community based activities are the part of the programme. Community oriented, personality development programmes and training in yoga are carried out. field activities are compulsory component of the course.
Student teachers can opt either English or Kannada medium for practice in teaching and writing of theory examinations. A candidate is required to have 80% of the attendance at the end of each semester in each subject and 90% for practical activities. Term end examination will be held at the end of each semester.
ELIGIBILITY for Admission
- A citizen of India who has passed any Bachelor’s degree examination of Tumkur University or any University in India or abroad recognized as equivalent through 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education who has obtained 50% of marks in aggregate of all the subjects he/she has studied for degree is eligible for admission to B.Ed. programme.
- The candidate with less than 50% aggregate in the degree, but a Masters Degree with 50% is also eligible for B.Ed. programme.
- In the case of SC/ST, Category -1 and physically challenged student 45% marks in aggregate of all the subjects he/she has studied for degree course or 45% in post graduation.
- A candidate for the admission to degree of education B.Ed. must fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the directives of Govt. of Karnataka from time to time.
- Childhood and Adolescence
- Philosophical and Sociological bases of Education
- Educational Technology
- Understanding Discipline and pedagogy: Languages
- Understanding Discipline and pedagogy: Social Science
- Understanding Discipline and pedagogy: Science
- Understanding Discipline and pedagogy: Mathematics
- Understanding Discipline and pedagogy: Commerce
- Understanding Discipline and pedagogy: and school subjects
- ICT- Basic Competencies
- Language across Curriculum
- Simulation and Microteaching
- Learning and teaching Processes
- Knowledge and Curriculum
- Contemporary Education in India
- Methods ,techniques and approaches of Pedagogy
- ICT: Applications
- Understanding Self and Yoga
- Simulated lessons and ICT mediation practices
- Lesson practice at School and reflective Dairy writing
- Inclusive Education
- Educational Evaluation
- Optional Courses: Guidance Counseling
- Optional Courses: Value Education
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : Kannada
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : English
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : Hindi
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : Urdu
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : Sanskrit
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : History
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : Geography
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : Physics
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : Chemistry
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : Biology
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : Mathematics
- Subject Specific Pedagogy : Commerce
- Fine Arts , Dance and Drama
- Research Project
- Unit plan and lesson Practice
- Block Teaching and Field work
- Gender , School and Society
- Educational Management and Organization
- Advanced Studies: Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Reading and Reflection
- Teacher placement and CET practice
- Field Work and Immersion Details
- Test Lesson